CRISPY COCONUT CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 8 strips
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- After cutting chicken intro strips, pound a bit using a meat mallet to get a thinner fillet. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Place egg whites in a small, shallow bowl. And in another shallow bowl, combine shredded coconut and Panko.
- One by one, dip each chicken strip into the egg whites, shake to remove excess and then dip into the coconut/Panko mixture,tossing to coat well. Repeat until all chicken strips are breaded.
- Heat coconut oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken into pan, and cook until golden brown and crispy on the outside, and no longer pink inside, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)